Asbestos is a dangerous man made product that has fibres than can kill, so there is only one thing I can suggest and that is don’t touch it or remove it yourself.
Until it’s broken, cut, drilled, sawn it is perfectly safe, but it is the fibres inside the asbestos that are the killers and working with the material releases those fibres.
Don’t remove yourself. Consult a profesional asbestos remover
Using a professional to test and confirm the product is asbestos is the safest option
Approximately one third of all homes built in Australia contain asbestos products. As a general rule, if your house was built before the mid-1980s, it is highly likely that it would have some asbestos containing materials. If your house was built between the mid-1980s and 1990, it is likely that it would have asbestos containing materials. If your house was built after 1990, it is unlikely that it would have asbestos containing materials
The Australian Government Department of Health website for a detailed list of advice and precautions.